Mardi Gras Party Ideas and Tips
Mardi Gras is a joyous mix of music, costumes, parades, and floats! From throwing colored beaded necklaces to indulging in rich foods, Mardi Gras is a fun celebration whether you’re in New Orleans or hosting a party at home. Here we’ll explain the Mardi Gras colors and ways to elevate the fun factor!
What Do the Mardi Gras Colors Mean?
You may notice a lot of purple, green, and gold in Mardi Gras celebrations. Since 1892, these colors have been used to signify Mardi Gras with the following symbolism:
- Green: The color of faith.
- Purple: The color of justice.
- Gold: The color of power.
Mardi Gras Party Ideas That Incorporate Green, Purple, and Gold
Spread joy, along with festive colors, using a Mardi Gras confetti cannon. You can choose from bits of biodegradable tissue paper, vibrant non-toxic powders, or a combination of both. I Love Sparklers sells high-quality party accessories that dissolve naturally in water and won’t damage your clothing or the environment.
Shop these Mardi Gras party supplies:
- Green confetti cannon
- Purple confetti cannon
- Yellow confetti cannon
- Green powder cannon
- Purple powder cannon
- Yellow powder cannon
To use, simply twist the bottom of the canister while pointing up and away from the face to deploy the confetti or powder with a surprising “pop” of compressed air release.
Other Ways to Use Mardi Gras Colors
In addition to celebrating with festive confetti and powder cannons, you can also:
- Dress the part: Wear green, purple, and gold attire. Masks are a wonderful, whimsical way to work these contrasting colors into your outfit. Mardi Gras apparel often features themes like “Roaring 20s” or “French Aristocracy” (think Marie Antoinette!) Popular costumes include characters like flappers, jesters, kings, queens, and magicians.
- Enjoy a fine feast: Food and drink are another way to weave in the traditional colors of Mardi Gras. Once you’ve finished your gumbo, prawns, fried okra, mac-n-cheese, and cornbread, serve up the famous King Cake—topped with colored sprinkles. If you want to get wild, invite guests to partake in lemon, lime, and grape-flavored Jell-O shots!
- Setting the mood with decorations: For party décor, consider peacocks, fleur-de-lis, crowns, beads, comedy and tragedy masks, jazz instruments, and umbrellas. Balloons, hats, throw pillows, cups, tablecloths, and drapery can all add hints of color throughout the room to pull your design together.
Get Your Mardi Gras Party Supplies Quickly.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about Mardi Gras party supplies. If you are flying into New Orleans, we recommend contacting your hotel and shipping your confetti cannons directly there, as canned air is not allowed on passenger flights. Order 5+ items for discounts and get free shipping when you spend $50 or more. We’ll promptly send your order same-day on orders placed before 3 pm CST or next-business-day for orders placed later. Most shipments arrive within one to five days, depending on your proximity to Magnolia, TX.
As the saying goes, “It’s in our soul to have Mardi Gras,” so let your soul celebrate with festive, fun bursts of green, purple, and gold. We’re here to help make it fabulous.